I shared a Jalapeno Paprika Hemp Spread recipe the other week and mentioned I made a pretty epic sandwich that featured this spread. It was fun to get a bit creative with a sandwich by adding roasted beets, tempeh, and of course that zippy spread. I have a hard time calling this one a recipe - think of it simply as inspiration for a truly delicious sandwich.
ROASTED BEET JALAPENO & TEMPEH SANDWICH
INGREDIENTS: (yields 2 servings)
- 4 slices, organic sourdough bread
- 4 slices tempeh
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red beet, roasted
- 1 cup carrot, sprialized or grated
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch sea salt
JALAPENO PAPRIKA HEMP SPREAD:
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hemp seed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Wash and slice beet, toss in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 45 min.
2. While beets are roasting make the Jalapeno Paprika Hemp Spread by following this recipe. Set aside.
3. Wash and dry sprouts, wash and sprialize or grate carrot and slice avocado. Set aside.
4. Pan fry tempeh in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
5. Slice bread, spread Jalapeno Paprika Hemp Spread on both slices of bread, and layer beets, tempeh, avocado, carrots, and sprouts.